Game Summaries & Headlines.
West Jessamine Colts Claw Back, But Falls Just Short Against Southwestern
- Game Date
- Mar 18, 2017
- : 6
SOUTHWESTERN HIGH SCHOOL: 8
- Despite a 6-run deficit in the fourth inning, West Jessamine Colts almost came all the way back, eventually falling 8-6 to Southwestern on Saturday. West scored six runs in the failed comeback on a single by Spencer Blancet in the fourth, a error in the sixth, a single by Seth Taylor in the seventh, and a single by Braeden Lee in the seventh.
- West Jessamine was right in it until Southwestern singled in the eighth inning
- After Southwestern scored two runs in the top of the fourth, West answered with two of their own. Southwestern scored when T McBryde doubled off of Braeden Lee, driving in one run. West Jessamine then answered when Spencer Blancet singled off of J Gallagher, driving in two runs.
- West knotted the game up at six in the bottom of the seventh inning. With one out in the seventh inning Lee drove in one run when he singled.
- West Jessamine scored three runs in the seventh inning. The Colts Varsity Varsity's big inning was driven by a single by Seth Taylor and a single by Lee.
- B Russell earned the win for Southwestern. He pitched two innings, surrendering four runs, and one hit. Skyler Cannady took the loss for West Jessamine. He went two innings, allowing two runs, two hits, and striking out one.
- Lee started the game for West . He tossed four innings, giving up six runs, four hits, and striking out two. Gallagher started the game for Southwestern. He pitched four innings, giving up two runs, five hits, and striking out three.
- Blancet and Taylor each drove in two runs to lead West.
- Southwestern collected seven hits. McBryde and H Comer each collected multiple hits for Southwestern.
- "Powered by Narrative Science and GameChanger Media. Copyright 2017. All rights reserved." Any reuse or republication of this story must include the preceding attribution.